Monday, November 3, 2008

The Lighter Side - Vegetable Instruments

We're big on studying all subjects here at Best Family Academy. Yesterday, I considered Dante's Inferno after reading a certain "Classical Education" experts recommendation that this be introduced in third grade. Let me restate: I CONSIDERED it. I read it. It was, uh, educational and colorful and, well, disturbing. Certainly not for my young children who have yet to be introduced to many of these frightening concepts. (OK...so the idea of the Inferno doesn't frighten you, but it scares the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks out of me if I let my imagination go.)

Today's consideration (and easy approval) went to the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra (here, too), then on to this guy who likes to make vegie instruments at home.



Have I told you how much I like having the Internet as a learning resource? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog featured with: