Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Review by E: "Ribbons" (Laurence Yep)

"Ribbons," by Laurence Yep, is about an 11-year-old girl who lives in Los Angeles. Ballet is pretty much her life. She dances all the time. But when her parents decide to save up money to bring Grandma over from Hong Kong, they can't afford the girl's lessons anymore. This story is about the relationships between family members, cultural misunderstandings and learning to understand each other.

I really liked this book because I could totally relate. I'm also 11. I dance all the time. ALL. THE. TIME! But I think it's a very good, educational, quick read that would be good for girls like me. Boys probably wouldn't like it since it's about ballet. I think the book is for readers age 10 and older. Grownups might like it, too, but younger readers would be able to relate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog featured with: