Monday, May 17, 2010

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Swimming

Huh...discovered today that lots of my posts were saved as drafts rather than actually posted...here's the first, from 8/23/09!

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Swimming

Most of my best memories involve water, and swimming in pools or rivers or swimming holes. I competed for nearly a decade, into college, then coached. I swam in Southern Utah rivers awaiting rafters' returns. Now I swim with my own children.

Of all those memories, though, perhaps the warmest involve one particular swim with my dad. I was in college, in shape, playing water polo and swimming for fun. I was on vacation, camping with Dad. We found a swimming hole. I knew he could swim, but that's the day I found out how good he was, how strong he was in the water. He brought me into this world. In that swimming hole, I learned just how easy it would be for him to take me out.
August 23, 2009 12:15 PM

If you received this update via e-mail, please note there may be associated photos available only on the actual blog. Visit site to see the latest.

Share this post with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog featured with: