If you received this update via e-mail, please note there may be associated photos available only on the actual blog. Visit site to see the latest.
Last week, a cousin of mine forwarded one of those ubiquitous funny e-mails involving kids and classrooms and off-the-wall comments. This particular e-mail included the alleged result of a quiz involving quotable quotes. I decided to find out how my OWN kids would fill in the blanks.
As we enjoyed a quiet breakfast together, I pulled out the list. The girls really thought about some of them. Others, like the first, they just threw right out there. I'd pause to give them a chance to change their minds, but without fail they stuck by their original answer.
Here's the E (in green) and V (in purple) Version of Quotable Quotations:
1. Don't change horses. Period. (She may have a point.)
2. Strike while the horse is moving. (Hmmm....I sense a theme.)
3. It's always darkest before morning.
4. Never underestimate the power of God.
5. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. (yawn!)
6. Don't bite the hand that is next to you.
7. No news is no news. (Again - good point.)
8. A miss is as good as a Mrs. (Up 'til this point I was doing a really good job of remaining completely out of this, not to passing judgment or making comments. But this one? Oh. It surprised me. What a great way to start the day - with tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks, COMPLETELY losing my composure, and the girls looking on in wonder.)
9. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll get licked. (Given her history, I'm surprised she didn't say, "bitten.")
11.Love all, trust few. (Mr. B and I were both surprised she knew this one. A cynic already, or maybe it's from her reading. Yeah...that's it. She's read it!)
12. The pen is mightier than the paper. (A new playing piece for reaux cham beaux?)
13. An idle mind is not working.
14. Where there's smoke there's fire.
15. Happy the bride who got married.
16. A penny saved is a penny earned.
17. Two's company, three's still company. (That's my girl!)
18.Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and the whole world cries with you.
20. There are none so blind as blind people.
21. Children should be seen and not heard. (If you've been to our house, you KNOW she picked this up from her reading, not from OUR house!)
22. If at first you don't succeed, try; try again. (She said, rolling her eyes.)
23. You get out of something only what you tell the truth of it. (huh?)
24. When the blind lead the blind you run into everything and you get run over.
25. A bird in the hand is a warm and tame bird.
26. Better late than early. (On this they agreed.)
Share this post with: