Monday, September 20, 2010

If I Won the Lotto (or, Dreaming of Santa)

Dear Santa -
Please send me a winning lottery ticket this year. I still have my two front teeth, have maintained my vehicles so they still operate (at 10 and 20 years old), make the grocery budget and set aside for family vacations, but a big move would take some big help. We still haven't heard a peep from the I Need A Vacation contest people, so I figure we didn't rise to the top.

To be quite honest, Dear Santa, I've delayed too long in getting the girls a home that can provide them the outdoor adventures upon which they most thrive, and it's really starting to depress me. V is in need of animals (her pet snails, caterpillars and pill bugs just aren't the same). E still isn't too old to enjoy climbing trees and exploring the woods. And I could sure use a bit more space, particularly outside. I don't want to keep waiting. They'll be off to college before we know it, and I'd like them to help us make our "retirement home" so they'll feel at home when they return, perhaps with children of their own.

I've found a few likely candidates that meet all sorts of our needs. Most aren't on the Central Coast due to the poison oak situation, arid conditions and ridiculous prices of homes here. My current reasonable favorite is right here, though the girls and I had a laugh over this one, and this one.

So, Santa, if you can work it out, please bring the winning ticket. We promise not to go over the top, and to save for the girls college education and other needs while also providing for some of their desires today.

Deal?

Share this post with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog featured with: