Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You & Me: An Interview With My Daughters

If you received this update via e-mail, please note there may be associated photos available only on the actual blog. Visit site to see the latest.

This is the first of two interviews I did with the girls today. I saw these questions posted elsewhere. I thought I'd give them a shot. Here is their input, at tender ages. It'll be interesting to see how these change as they get older! :)

What is something I always say to you?

I love you. - V, age 6

I love you. - E, age 9

What makes me happy?

When I snuggle with you and when I'm nice. - V, age 6

When we're good and nice. - E, age 9

What makes me sad?

When I'm somewhere you aren't or when I'm bad. - V, age 6

When we're not nice. - E, age 9

How do I make you laugh?

Sometimes when you make faces. - V, age 6

By telling jokes or playing funny. - E, age 9

What do you think I was like as a child?

Little. You were horsey, you were like a horse. You'd run around neighing. - V, age 6

I imagine you playing a lot and helping Grandpa R fix Jeeps. - E, age 9

How old am I?

I don't know. Maybe 24? - V, age 6 (Upon reviewing these answers with me, the 9 year old points at THIS answer and says, "You wish." Hmmm...she USED to be a cute kid. Now she's nine!)

She got it right...so I'm not telling...it's not cute! - E, age 9

How tall am I?

I don't know. Maybe 6 feet tall? - V, age 6

5' 11" - E, age 9

What do I do when you’re not around?

Work on the computer. - V, age 6

Read, work on the computer, and work. - E, age 9

If I become famous, what will it be for?

Writing a good kids' book. - V, age 6

Hmmm...I think, your books. - E, age 9

What am I really good at?

Cooking homemade pizza. - V, age 6

Writing. And playing. And snuggling. - E, age 9

What am I not really good at?

I don't know. What are you not good at?- V, age 6

I'm trying to think. (whispering to self.) Playing house. (peals of laughter)- E, age 9

What is my job?

Writing. It used to be writing for the newspaper. Now selling your book you wrote and writing a new one. And taking care of us. - V, age 6

Taking care of us. - E, age 9

What is my favorite food?

I don't know! Maybe ice cream? Or cake? - V, age 6

What's that chicken stuff in the yellow sauce? (Yellow Thai Chicken) That or ice cream. - E, age 9

What makes you proud of me?

When you read to me. - V, age 6

I guess just because you're my mom. - E, age 9

What makes me proud of you?

When I put away my dishes without being asked, or maybe feed the kitties without being asked. - V, age 6

When I do really well at something like my dance recital, or when I do a chore without being asked. - E, age 9

What do you and I do together?

Read, play, jump on the trampoline. - V, age 6

Read, play, cook, garden and horseback ride. - E, age 9

How are we the same?

We both like to read I think. I think we both like to play. Our eyes and teeth look the same. - V, age 6

We both want horses, and we both want a ranch and lots of acreage. - E, age 9

How are you and I different? You can snort like a horse. - V, age 6
I don't like anything spicy; you do. I want to do toe shoe and I don't think you would like to. - E, age 9

How do you know that I love you?

You tell me you do, and you hug me and kiss me and take care of me. - V, age 6


Because you take care of us, snuggle with us, play with us and you say it all the time. - E, age 9

What is one thing you wish you could change about me?

That you never put us in the corner.- V, age 6

I think I would change you so that you would want one more kid. - E, age 9

What do you wish you could go and do with me?

I think go to Hawaii and swim, swim all day pretty much. And just eat sometimes. - V, age 6

Go horseback riding together. - E, age 9

Share this post with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog featured with: